Inventory management software is used to manage a business inventory, sales, and help to track shipments. It is often used to create purchase orders or other documentation such as a bill of purchased materials. Companies use this data to manage inventory as to avoid overstocking. There are many benefits for using this type of software that include: forecasting trends, increased security, inventory organization, greater efficiency, and ultimately reduced overall cost.
The software allows for seamless integration between important departments like accounting, shipping, engineering and R&D. Furthermore, top inventory management software products impact’s sales and the overall profitability of the company. A major benefit of this system is that it consolidates and unifies various processes that helps improve workflow across a collaboration of departments.
Key features include:
- Inventory optimization. monitors all sales orders and alerts management and staff when restocking should be done. The alerts are done by a cost-effective algorithm to avoid costs while tracking future sales trends.
- Tracking. Monitors products via serial numbers, lot numbers, or ID labels to minimize lost or misplaced products in the warehouse, this allows for faster workflow from the first invoice to the last shipment.
- Purchase orders. Automatically processes new orders when inventory is low and compares costs with the companies past purchase history.
- Sales management. Manages sales production, invoicing receipts and analyzes future market growth for possible new clients.
- Product assessment. Analyzes product specs and velocity of sales to recommend if a product need more or less marketing through catalogs and promotions.Like mentioned before Inventory Management Software offers end to end solutions that monitors and alerts anywhere from work orders to delivery. Because of today’s technology this software is not only available on your desktop or laptop but via and app through any handheld mobile device, allowing management to track alerts immediately up to the minute regardless if they are at a job site or away on a business trip. The app also helps the sales department greatly as it helps them to create purchase orders through their mobile device even if they are offline or away from their workplace.
The tracking feature also integrates with number of shipping providers for more options on rates and it also analyzes customer feedback in order to maintain a certain level of quality that the customer is expecting.
We all understand that no two business are alike, so whether it’s for wholesalers, distributors, Online business, or retailers, this software meets all the requirements to get the job done correctly.
This is particularly hard to do especially in the e commerce world as competition is fierce with a global competitive market. Data is very important to be able to adjust pricing and this software compares price across the internet to allow the business to price their products at a competitive price that will allow for velocity and sales growth.
So, it doesn’t matter if your business is small or huge, Inventory Management Software is a must have to keep up with competition and help your business grow to the next level.